It is in no way a secret that video statistics and analytics are crucial to any video portal. One of the main rationales behind video statistics is to enable settlements with copyright holders. However it covers a number of other crucial tasks, including:
- Limit the number of parallel viewers using the same account (obviously, you do not wish all friends and relatives of one lucky customer view content under a single account? Well, let them watch it, but at least sequentially rather than in parallel ).
- Prevent viewing of any video to users that have got a subscription by mistake or due to some manipulation,
- Evaluate the quality and popularity of video
- Return to the point where watching was interrupted last time (on any device)
- And, last but not least, enhance the user experience.
Of course, we should keep in mind that, every video portal has specific tasks that absolutely cannot do without the viewing statistics. In this post, we are going to discuss specifics of such a service. Continue reading